donderdag 16 juni 2011

5 questions for...... Doe Deere!


"Once upon a time in a beautiful city of Los Angeles, there lived a girl named Doe Deere. One day she proclaimed herself the Unicorn Queen and launched Lime Crime Makeup to realize a dream."


Doe Deere is an entrepreneur, makeup artist, model, makeup manufacturer and blogger extraordinaire! She turned thirty yesterday (Happy Birthday Doe!) and has been featured on the covers of Young Entrepreneur, Fae, Auxiliary and Lipstick Royalty. She's done features for MTV Buzzworthy and NYLON, among others. Recently she's been featured as one of the '50 women entrepreneurs who inspire us' by Self-Made Magazine, and I agree wholeheartedly!

I've been a big fan of Doe for many years now, she is one of my biggest inspirations when it comes to makeup and fashion. I'm a total deerling (i.e. a follower of her blog) and when I got the idea for doing these short interviews, she was one of the first people that I thought of. I'm very glad she has found the time to answer our five questions. Ready? Here we go!



1. Where do you get your inspiration to create such unique looks?
Ever since I was little, I loved fairytales -- both reading and telling. Anything whimsical and fantastical gets me going, and I love to translate that into makeup looks.

2. What colours do you love to work with?
I'm a big fan of pastels such as mint green and robin's egg blue, accentuated by glittery golds! That, to me, is the most magical combination.

3. What are your 'tools of the trade'?
Pigments and makeup brushes -- whether I'm at the lab creating new products or simply experimenting on my face!

4. Who do you admire? 
I'm a big fan of Lady Gaga. Anyone strong, female, with a big vision.

5. Last but not least: Do you believe in faeries?
In my ideal world, fairies would be very much real -- and I would be one of them. I'd build a house out of a leaf, drink flower nectar and bathe in morning dew. Until that happens, I shall continue creating real-life fantasy with makeup! ;)

 Find Doe Deere on her blogazine, where she posts weekly glee's, makeup tutorials, inspirational style diaries and much, much more!

Find her wonderfully colourful cosmetics line at the Lime Crime Makeup website!







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten